[mythtv] Daily reboot while not recording?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Dec 3 22:10:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 09:34:08PM +0100, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> > Does anyone have any idea how I could set up my myth box to reboot at
> > a given time every day, unless mythtv is recording (not counting
> > livetv) something? In that case it should wait until it finishes
> > recording and then reboot. The first part is easy, but any ideas on
> > how to wait for myth to stop recording and then reboot?
>
> Why do you want to do daily reboots?

Same reason we do: some combination of card, driver, Mythversion, and
phase of the moon makes it screw up, and it screws up less when it's
been rebooted recently.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi