[mythtv] Epia hardware decoding - still problems

Colin Guthrie myth at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Aug 29 06:42:02 EDT 2004

Curtis Stanford wrote:
> On August 28, 2004 05:50 pm, Jon Whitear wrote:
>>I have an EPIA M10k frontend running minimyth, and my Backend is a P3
>>500, Myth 0.15.1, DVB-T card, and Gentoo with a 2.6.4 kernel. It's rock
>>solid, and with Kenneth's recent interlacing patches applied to
>>minimyth, the picture is very good.
>

> That's good to know. Can you tell me what O/S version, X11 version and video
> drivers you are using?

Sorry to barge into the thread, but I think I know the answer. MiniMyth
is a small distribution designed to run on EPIA hardare, so the O/S /is/
MiniMyth and as for the X11 version etc, you can probably find that out
from the MiniMyth homepage.

I've got an EPIA M10k too, but don't use MiniMyth, I compile my own O/S
for it. I may look again at MiniMyth, but I just wanted to know exactly
what was needed to make your own network bootable OS so this is kinda an
experiment for me too.

Having not looked at MiniMyth for some time, I may convert back not that
I've learned all I need to learn!!

MiniMyth website: http://linpvr.org/

Hope this helps

Col.