[mythtv] bob glitch on pause (affecting ff/rw etc)

Andy McMullan andy at andymcm.com
Sun Aug 29 00:14:23 EDT 2004

This glitch is particularly noticeable when using ff/rw with the
Titivillus OSD, because the position slider is at the bottom of the
screen (rather than the top). What appears to happen is that the bottom
half of the screen is zoomed up to full height momentarily. So the osd
seems to double in height momentarily.

After staring at the code for some time I can't see why this is
happening, but I've found that if I add a call to WaitForFrame to
NuppelVideoPlayer::OutputVideoLoop, as shown below, the problem mostly
goes away. No idea whether this is a legitimate fix.

Andy Mc

         if (pausevideo)
         {
             if (!video_actually_paused)
                 videoOutput->UpdatePauseFrame();

             if (resetvideo)
             {
                 videoOutput->UpdatePauseFrame();
                 resetvideo = false;
             }

             video_actually_paused = true;
             videoThreadPaused.wakeAll();

             videofiltersLock.lock();
             videoOutput->ProcessFrame(NULL, osd, videoFilters, pipplayer);
             videofiltersLock.unlock();

             videoOutput->PrepareFrame(NULL, kScan_Ignore);
==>         videosync->WaitForFrame(0);
             videoOutput->Show(m_scan);