[mythtv] Weird framerates on CVS with DVB

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Aug 23 14:40:41 EDT 2004

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> On Sunday 22 August 2004 08:25 pm, Andy McMullan wrote:
>>> if (frameheader.frametype == 'S')
>>> {
>>>     if (frameheader.comptype == 'A')
>>>     {
>>>         if (frameheader.timecode > 0 &&
> frameheader.timecode < 5500000)
>>>         {
>>> ===>        effdsp = frameheader.timecode;
>>>             m_parent->SetEffDsp(effdsp);
>>>         }
>>>    }
>>> }
>>
>> BTW Commenting out the m_parent->SetEffDsp line is enough to let me
>> watch my 'bad' recordings.
>
> Does what's in CVS (as of 30 seconds ago) work ok?

Yes, it works just fine.

I created a little program to dump the frameheaders.
Here is a short part of the output from one of my bad files:
----
FrmType: 'S' CType: 'A' KeyFrm: 0 Flt: 0 TimeCode: 0 Length: 0
FrmType: 'S' CType: 'A' KeyFrm: 0 Flt: 0 TimeCode: 5 Length: 0
FrmType: 'S' CType: 'A' KeyFrm: 0 Flt: 0 TimeCode: 9 Length: 0
FrmType: 'S' CType: 'A' KeyFrm: 0 Flt: 0 TimeCode: 14 Length: 0
FrmType: 'S' CType: 'A' KeyFrm: 0 Flt: 0 TimeCode: 18 Length: 0
FrmType: 'S' CType: 'A' KeyFrm: 0 Flt: 0 TimeCode: 23 Length: 0
----
As you can see, some thing is realy wrong with the timecodes on the audio
sync frames, it's slowly increasing thru the whole file, and they shoud
definitley not be that low.

This file starts with audio timecodes at around -1161189719 for the first
few audio headers. After the first audio and video sync header it looks more
normal (looks like it starts at zero or close).

Every now and then there is a audio header that have the keyframe set to -99
for some reason.
Maybe this value isn't used so it probably doesn't matter.