[mythtv] Weird framerates on CVS with DVB

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Aug 23 13:38:57 EDT 2004

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> On Sunday 22 August 2004 08:25 pm, Andy McMullan wrote:
>>> if (frameheader.frametype == 'S')
>>> {
>>>     if (frameheader.comptype == 'A')
>>>     {
>>>         if (frameheader.timecode > 0 &&
> frameheader.timecode < 5500000)
>>>         {
>>> ===>        effdsp = frameheader.timecode;
>>>             m_parent->SetEffDsp(effdsp);
>>>         }
>>>    }
>>> }
>>
>> BTW Commenting out the m_parent->SetEffDsp line is enough to let me
>> watch my 'bad' recordings.
>
> Interesting.  Nothing that I'm aware of has changed in that code at
> all recently (or in the past year or so, even). =)  It shouldn't be
> tied to the avcodec changes, as audio for software recordings is
> completely internalized to myth.

I think this this problem as existed for some time, it coud be a year or so.
If i remove the seteffdsp line, my "bad" recordings starts to work. The
playback is smooth as it is with the other recordings.

As i see it ther is two questions:
1. Why does the timestamps get screwed up to begin with?
2. What makes bad timestamps interfere so badly with a/v sync?