[mythtv] MythWeb Video Info Edit feature patch - need help

Bob Cottingham bob at bobnvic.com
Tue Aug 17 11:53:29 EDT 2004

I'm trying to add the ability in Mythweb to download an image file from the web and place it in the video cover art directory.  The art directory is in the user home directory (typically ~/.mythtv/MythVideo) with a symlink to it from the mythweb directory.  Reading isn't a problem and writing the file to a directory under mythweb that isn't a symlink isn't a problem.  However, writing a file to the art directory symlink fails due to permission issues.  The symlink has been given a permission of 777 and I've tried putting FollowSymLinks in the .htacces file but still have no luck.  Any idea what I could look at that could be causing the permission problem?  If it would help to see the patch, I can provide that too, but it also includes a lot of other changes to mythweb-mythvideo.

Thanks,
Bob C