[mythtv] lots of interlacing recently...

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Sun Aug 15 13:15:14 EDT 2004

ben levitt wrote:
> Something possibly related that I've noticed: the deinterlacing,
> although turned on, doesn't always seem to be enabled for pre-recorded
> shows.  Sometimes the same prerecorded show will look fine.  Other
> times the same scene with fast motion will look jagged, as though
> deinterlacing is turned off.

Catching up on some old emails here... Myth now tries to detect if the
recording is interlaced, and will skip deinterlacing if it doesn't think
it is.  Isaac fixed some problems in here sometime in the past week, but
if you're still having problems take a look at the output of
'mythfrontend --verbose playback' to see if Myth thinks your recordings
are interlaced.

-Doug