[mythtv] Documentation update: compiling instructions

Cedric Tefft cedric at phreaker.net
Thu Aug 12 00:35:15 EDT 2004

Is this the appropriate forum to voice a suggestion for a documentation
change?

"Section 5.1: Notes on compiling on a system with non-Intel processors"
talks about changing -march=pentiumpro to -march=i586 for certain
non-Intel processors and concludes with "Recent AMD processors, like the
Duron, Thunderbird and Athlon don't need this change."  If my experience
is any indication, this section may be due for a small update.  On my
Fedora Core 2-based Athlon 64 system, the only way I could get MythTV
0.15.1 to compile was by removing '-march=pentiumpro' and adding
'-m64'.  I assume, but cannot verify that the same change would be
necessary for an AMD Opteron since it is also a 64-bit native AMD processor.

If this is not the appropriate forum in which to make this request,
please let me know what is.

Many thanks,

- Cedric