[mythtv] lots of interlacing recently...

ben levitt benjie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 11:15:33 EDT 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 03:31:26 -0400, Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> wrote:

> The deinterlacing options changed a bit, make sure it's on.  If it _is_ on,
> and you're not using bob, you should only be seeing the top half of the
> screen due to a bug in current CVS (and me being lazy and not committing
> patches) - should be pretty obvious. =)
>
> Isaac

Ahhhhh...... I've been messing around with ivtv trying to fix this.  :P

Something possibly related that I've noticed: the deinterlacing,
although turned on, doesn't always seem to be enabled for pre-recorded
shows.  Sometimes the same prerecorded show will look fine.  Other
times the same scene with fast motion will look jagged, as though
deinterlacing is turned off.  I'll keep playing with it to try to
figure out what turns it on/off (besides correct use of the settings,
which currently does not seem sufficient).

Ben