[mythtv] DVB Stability problems with watching live TV

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Aug 9 08:01:26 EDT 2004

>1) When switching channels, sometimes the player never gets up to speed,
>staying at that slow speed it uses when trying to get the video and
>audio in sync.

This may well be an audio issue. Seems that the alsa/oss sometimes gets
upset when trying to close and reopen the device.  For me it always
happens when switching between streams with different audio rates, eg
48Khz is normal, but sometimes it's at 32Khz (old films).  Quiting the
live tv and going back to the same channel fixes it?  When a channel
isn't working then switching back to a working channel is fine, then
back to a duff channel is duff, etc, ie it's repeatable?  If so then
this could be audio troubles.

Ed W