[mythtv] I have improved nuvexport

mythtv at ripnet.co.uk mythtv at ripnet.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 08:59:48 EDT 2004

Hi,
I have made what I think are a number of improvements to nuvexport.

1. I have added a true mp3 export (as the existing one actually uses toolame whihc gives you mp2)
2. I have command-line enabled the divx export, and the mp3 export
3. I have made the divx export die if it fails to read the video width and height (see 4)
4. I have made it use mplayer to get the video width and height for .nuv files, as the existing usage of tcprobe fails for some reason on certain .nuvs (All my nuvs come from a WinTV Nova DVB card - i dont know why tcprobe fails on some files but not others, but it does, whereas mplayer always seems to get it right.

I would live to re-contribute my changes back to the mythtv project, but the author seems to have disappeared - i have twice tried to contact him through his web page in the last couple of weeks, but have had no response.

Shouldnt nuvexport be part of the main mythtv package? i think the ability to grab the video files and use them (in my case on my PocketPC pda) is a big plus of mythtv over the likes of tivo.

Any interest in this?

thanks

George