[mythtv] DVB-T Problems

Paul Grabinar paul at grabinar.net
Tue Apr 27 08:31:49 EDT 2004

Hi All,
I'm relatively new to this list, so apologies if this ground has already been
covered.
I'm running the CVS version (last did an update on 23 April 2004), and using a
Nova-T PCI DVB-T card with the 1.1.1 drivers. I have two major problems.
Firstly, often when changing channels, the sound and video will stutter badly
and then the sound will break-up into noise.
While this is happening, the front-end shows repeatidly lines of

"prebuffering pause"

and then after a while interspersed with

"Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!"

Exiting back to the menu and then going back to live TV recovers the
situation. I've heard of other people with this problem, does anyone know of
a fix?

Secondly, if I try to tune to a channel that is either not broadcasting or is
currently transmitting scrambled data, then the backend says:

"Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds. Game over man."

and the frontend does not allow the channel to be changed, making it difficult
to recover.
Would it be possible to generate blank frames, or frames with a specific
pattern and pass these through the system if no valid frames are generated
from the card? This would allow the frontend to continue as if nothing had
happened. Or is there some other solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Paul.