[mythtv] record.recgroup vs record.profile

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Apr 25 18:59:18 EDT 2004

> > You want "record" to see what groups the user is currently using and
> > "recorded" to see what groups they have recorded items in.  A group
> > does not have to have a recgrouppassword entry, an entry will only
> > exist if the group is password protected.  Creating a new group is
> > as simple as just setting the recgroup field on a row in either of those
> > two tables.
>
> So it's just a text-entry field?
>
> -Chris

Yes.  At the time I didn't think it was necessary to create a "recordinggroup"
table to just relate a recgroup text string to a recgroupid for use in
the record and recorded tables.  The code was much simpler to just make it
a text field in both of those tables and allow the user to "create" and "remove"
groups just by changing the recgroup field in those tables.  I also was lazy
and didn't want to have to create a screen to add/remove/edit recording
groups. :)

--

Chris