[mythtv] record.recgroup vs record.profile

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Apr 25 14:39:18 EDT 2004

> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 04:20:34PM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > > recgroup is for the "Recording Groups" stuff Chris Pinkham added.
> > > There's a little bit about it in the HOWTO.
> >
> > So, I should just do a "select * from recgrouppassword" to get the
> > list?  Or is there another table that lists the group name?
>
> Don't know, I haven't used nor looked at that feature.  You might have
> to ping Chris directly.  He says he's been pretty busy lately.
>
> David

Best way to get a list of current in-use groups is to look at the
recorded and record tables.  If you look in scheduledrecording.cpp where
it creates the recgroup setting on the Advanced Recording Options screen,
it looks at those two tables.

You want "record" to see what groups the user is currently using and
"recorded" to see what groups they have recorded items in.  A group
does not have to have a recgrouppassword entry, an entry will only
exist if the group is password protected.  Creating a new group is
as simple as just setting the recgroup field on a row in either of those
two tables.
--

Chris