[mythtv] Strange EPG behavior

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sun Apr 25 13:34:48 EDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 08:30:06AM -0400, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Steffen Immle wrote:
> >didn't have time to look into this. Besides, it's not a major thing
> >for me, 'cause I rarely watch live TV anyway. Btw, what does the EPG
> >do differently than the other OSDs when fading away?

I missed the beginning of this thread so I assume you're referring to
lock ups using the EPG in live TV.  This is caused by Myth feeding
mpeg data to the decoder via DMA and X writing directly into the
decodeds OSD memory and the decoded doesn't like it.  YOu can use

You can use Matthias Badaire's ivtvdev X module to fix this.  It sends
the X dispaly to the decoder using normal OSD DMA.  You can find it at
http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz/.

> Right there is a big part of your problem. 0.1.10pre2 is a step
> backwards in stability and usability for ivtv.

If you're using 0.1.10pre2, you should really use Chris Kennedy's ck06
or ck07 patches.  Everything after that is pretty experimental.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net