[mythtv] [mythgame] CVS failes to compile added patch

Tommy Faasen mythtv at zwanebloem.nl
Fri Apr 23 17:28:32 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 01:48:12PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 09:46:47PM +0200, Tommy Faasen wrote:

> > > Debian stable is too old to compile or run MythTV.
> > No it's not, the only requirement from mythtv is QT 3.1 or higher.
> > Since there is a good backport from the KDE team self, I have no problem
> > getting it to work.
>
> Exactly.  The software which ships with Debian woody is too old, so you need
> to install updated software in order to build and run MythTV.  This applies
> to gcc as well as Qt.

I understand but for me there are 2 things
1 Mythtv only requires Qt3.1 or higher,nothing about gcc
2 Gcc and QT are 2 separate beasts where QT is under heavy development
changing api's etc where gcc is maturing and tuning as C/C++ isn't
changing that much, only in detail or in what is permitted.

Tommy