[mythtv] Use callsign for scheduling

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 23:40:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 09:57:27AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> proposed (unless you want to make all the changes in one big hit,
> which might also be a good strategy).

If I was the one who was going to be committing things, I would want
prefer smaller, distinct changes whenever possible.

>     David> better yet, a patch) to do this.  Please make sure it
>     David> handles upgrading and backwards and forwards compatibility.
>
> So I assumed backwards compatibility was a priority. Perhaps I
> misunderstood him?
>
> It would make things simpler not to have to worry about this.

Agreed.  I included it in the callsign changes, and again here,
because it was specificically asked about.  In this case, it probably
turned out to be a good thing, at least for the short term, because of
the unexpected hiccups.

FYI, I've pinged Isaac and Bruce directly about the compatibility
issue since it hasn't been a much of a concern previously.

> People probably should backup there databases before upgrading anyway,
> just in case the new version doesn't work and a downgrade to
> temporarily required.

I agree whole heartedly, but how many people actually do that?  For
that matter, how many people even backup their main systems reguarly?
I know I do the latter.

David
--
David Engel