[mythtv] Use callsign for scheduling

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue Apr 20 16:04:51 EDT 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:

> J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
>> If I understand things correctly, the idea is to be able to mark
>

> The idea is not to have to "mark" anything but to use what is
> already there. I'm starting to see another common mis-understanding
> that users now have to do something new or different or have to
> add or change something. Not true.
>
> Whether or not anyone realized it, CVS has been using callsigns
> rather chanid to match record rules to listings for the past two
> months. Not only will what everyone already has in there callsign
> column work just fine but, if you use CVS, it already has been
> working just fine for some time now.

Yes I did, in fact I've tried to take advantage of it to identify each
of my networks by their network (i.e. NBC, CBS etc) since I have 3 of
each network (national EST, national PST and local) this lets "any time
on this channel" take advantage of the west channels (Any time on any
channel pulls in too many with syndicated shows).  This has the side
effect though of showing CBS for all my CBS stations in my OSD and EPG
as well as others. A separate network ID would be nice so that I could
differentiate between my networks by more than just channel number.

>> better, which is a good idea.  However I don't think using the
>> callsign column is the way to do it.  If you need to identify a
>> broadcaster then add a broadcaster ID field that defaults to being
>> the same as the callsign.
>

> There already is a broadcaster ID field, it's called "callsign".

Sorry I should have been using "network ID".