[mythtv] Use callsign for scheduling

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Tue Apr 20 09:37:26 EDT 2004

Because keys should fixed/static (unless you just know this will never
give you any problems). Like shown before in this thread some people
might want to change the callsign once in a while (a couple of times a
year maybe? especially while setting up Myth).

> > If it's a database key let it not be used for display
> > purposes because there will be people who will want to change it.
>
> Program titles are also used as database keys in some places.  Should
> we prevent the user from seeing those too?

Because you never change program titles maybe?

And what I would suggest in your example is to look for (or make) a
better key, not to stop showing the title of course, but I'm not going
to start a discussion on database design here, point is that a key
should be static because otherwise it will just mess up your RI. (again,
unless of course you can show that this will never pose any problems,
but even then out of principle you should try and find a better way).

> David

-Tako