[mythtv] Internal DataDirect grabber functionality

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Apr 19 00:56:46 EDT 2004

On Sunday 18 April 2004 09:10 pm, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Ya, and it cleaned up nicely ;-). I'd spent a couple hours
> yesterday with the patch on a test DB taking notes and making
> some tweaks. The checked-in version just worked. After an hour
> or so of no show stoppers, I backed up my production DB and
> installed it. There are some cosmetic things with categories,
> movies and EPG colors that can be fixed. Categories, Movies
> and New Titles on the Search page each have problems, again
> mostly related to categorization and I'll try to fix those.
> I also get a segv at the end of mythfilldatabase and I'll
> send a bt if it doesn't turn out to be something obvious.
>
> Overall it seems to function well enough.

No more channel icons, though.  Someone needs to come up with a script to fill
em in (reuse xmltv code to grab the channel list somehow, match with the
channel ids? dunno).

The category stuff should be easy to fix, just has to fill in an actual
category instead of the 'show type' data that it's using now.

Isaac