[mythtv] [patch] osd reinit speed

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sun Apr 18 23:04:08 EDT 2004

Hi,

here's a patch that makes the OSDTypeImage store the unscaled image so it
won't have to reload it from disk when the osd get's reinited. Also I've
added an option to toggle between smoothScale and scale. If scale is used,
the channel change speed between channels with different resolution and
channels with the same resolution only differ by a couple hundreds of ms.
Wheras before there was a difference of about a second. The storage of the
original image will have some memory impact on users which don't need/use the
reinit functionality of the osd, but the osd ain't that big. The setting
itself is not in this patch, but can be cut'n'pasted from my previous patch.

--

Kenneth Aafløy
ke-aa at frisurf.no