[mythtv] MPEG2 IDCT acceleration

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sun Apr 18 12:08:08 EDT 2004

I've made a regular patch of the playback stuff, with idct acceleration.
It's at    http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/

It works with all my videos, but they don't fully exploit MPEG2. I've
streamlined the xvmc packet parsing again so there is less redundancy
and it's also more readable. It's also using less if's which is
especially important for today's speculative execution processors. If
you optimize for the CMOV instruction (686+) a lot of the jumps just go
away. I can now almost play 1040i streams without B-Frame skipping with
a FX5200 card. (Every few minutes there is a hickup.)

-- Daniel