[mythtv] web based remote control for mythfrontend

Mark Edwards irish at irishmark.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 18:40:24 EDT 2004

> Here is an initial thought.  Would it be possible to pass the commands
> to the /dev/lircd through fopen('/dev/lircd/','w')  or am I going in the
> wrong direction

Indeed it is.
Attached is an incredibly primitive page to do this, I set this up as an
experimental thing some time ago using this and streaming. It was
functional, but then I discovered mythtv and DVB so never made it look
better, but hey it works. It' so primitive my IP is hard-coded in. I don't
really see the need for something like this in mythweb, but feel free to do
what you like with ithis page. It's for UK NTL, so pretty much replicates
it's functionality