[mythtv] web based remote control for mythfrontend

Alex (cruzinthegalaxie) alex-myth at 61galaxie.com
Thu Apr 15 18:16:52 EDT 2004

Let me rephrase that previous message.....

I want to make a remote control function in mythweb so that I can pass
commands from the web server to mythfrontend to control it.

So I was digging around in the source and I relized what I said was
backwards....

Here is an initial thought.  Would it be possible to pass the commands
to the /dev/lircd through fopen('/dev/lircd/','w')  or am I going in the
wrong direction

 >>> Initial message.
I haven't spent too much time reading the lists.... just looking for a
few pieces of information. Does anyone know where I can find the comand
set for mythbackend?  I want to make a "remote-control" interface in
myth-web.

Why? you ask... well I have my mythtv backend and frontend on the same
box and run the tv-out of the pvr 350 into a channel 15 modulator, and
since I have Directv  it does not conflict with other cabletv channels
on the same coax. Then I can tune into my myth output on channel 15 on
any tv in the house. so instead of building multiple frontends  (at this
point in time) I would like to make a web based remote control function
inside mythweb so I can control it via my laptop or pda via wifi  and
just pass the commands back to mythbackend.