[mythtv] [Patch]AspectOverride

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sat Apr 10 14:07:31 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 07:16 pm, Mark Edwards wrote:
> This patch overrides the aspect of the tv the same way toggle-ing W does
> allowing a default mode to be chosen.
> It saves me from having to hit W three times each time I change channel.
> The DB setting it looks for is 'AspectOverride':
> 0: no effect, aspect works as usual
> 1: 16:9
> 2: 4:3
> 3: 16:0 zoom
> 4: 4:3 zoom
>
> The 'W' key will still change mode too.

Can't you get the same affect by setting your DisplaySize properly in your X
setup?  If you still want the patch applied, there should probably be a user
modifiable setting, not just a blind config option.  Just check out
programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp, should be easy enough to figure out
how to add a setting UI.

Isaac