[mythtv] Suggestion

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri Apr 9 13:15:45 EDT 2004

Op vrijdag 9 april 2004 18:03, schreef Adam Biskobing:
> Gary Franczyk wrote:
> > [mailto:mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org]On Behalf Of Henk Poley
> > Op vrijdag 9 april 2004 17:02, schreef Gary Franczyk:
> > > Hello.. I have a suggestion that I thought of after reading today's
> > > article on slashdot.  They are talking about a DVD player that
> > > automatically
> > > edits out "bad" parts of DVDs.  It apparently has a database of 500
> > > movies and it knows which parts to skip.
> > >
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > Maybe a usefull idea to some people, yes. But I think you should contact
> > the Xine, MPlayer and Ogle developers. MythTV merely starts some
> > mediaplayer to play your DVDs, the functionality isn't in the MythTV
> > code.
> >
> > Which one does MythTV use primarily?
>
> By default I believe it uses mplayer, but there are alot of people out
> there that prefer xine and ogle

Yes, mplayer is default, but lacks DVD menu support. That's why people switch
to Xine (media player with DVD menu support) or Ogle (DVD player 'only').

	Henk Poley <><

btw, Gary Franczyk could you install Outlook-QuoteFix? Your mail required
substantial amount of editing to get it in a propper form.
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/