[mythtv] mythtv-keys.sxc: a spreadsheet of key bindings

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 29 00:30:45 EDT 2003

As I mentioned earlier I volunteered to turn keys.asc into a
spreadsheet so one could easily see at a "glance" what keys were bound
to what functions on what pages (and generally what remote control
buttons are bound to what keys).  I based the latter part on my
personal .lircrc for my Hauppauge Grey remote.  I believe I've covered
all the bindings in keys.asc, albeit not in sufficient detail to
consider this a replacement for the file.

It's in Open Office format, but I'll happily convert to HTML and put
it on my web site if you'd prefer.

As you can (will?) see, it's a fairly large matrix.  I think what this
shows is that there are too many keys in use, and that there are
probably a number of ways we could improve the UI by consolidating
functions on similar pages to using the same sets of keys.  Also, when
different pages require similar functionality, it may make sense to
try to use the same keys there, too.  Hopefully this matrix is useful
to someone.

Enjoy,

-derek