[mythtv] Another frontend hang while fast-forwarding...

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Sep 27 11:47:19 EDT 2003

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

> Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> writes:
>
> > On Saturday 27 September 2003 01:15 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > > Trying to fast-forward through a commerical my wife got the
> > > frontend to hang...  Here is the backtrace from the frontend.
> >
> > I'd like you to try updating to current CVS and letting me know if the 'Audio
> > has changed' messages still appear on your mythfrontend console.
>
> Ok, I'll try this either tomorrow or (more likely) on Sunday, and I'll
> let you know.

Oooh!  Significantly better!!!  I just tried current CVS.  Places
where I could CONSISTENTLY get the frontend to hang are no longer
hanging!  Commercial skip is even working properly, and ff/rew across
isn't hanging.  Nice work!  (As you can tell, I'm excited by this new
change in events).

OTOH, I just tried to test the livetv -> epg -> 'r' -> livetv again.
It worked... However it was jumpy and I got a bunch of "slice
missmatch" and "ac-tex damaged" messages in my frontend console.

I suspect part of the issue is due to sending ioctls down the pvr-250
to "reset" the card (which I'm guessing interrupts the mpg stream).
Is there some way the backend can cache (in ram) the last settings it
sent to a particular encoder and only run the ioctl if the new
settings differ?  In my case, it's really not changing anything as all
my profiles are the same.

Nice job, Isaac.

-derek