[mythtv] changes to CVS for selecting 'profile'

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Sep 18 19:54:19 EDT 2003

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:35:51 -0400, "Isaac Richards ijr-at-po.cwru.edu
> |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <e6kbhbk35r0t at sneakemail.com> said:
>
>>Current CVS ok then?
>>

> It looks better, but it's not actually working for me.  Two things, (1)
> all old recordings now have a number in their 'profile' field, instead of
> a name, which should result in them recording with crappy settings
> (480x480), but instead they get the Default profile.

The idea of Default was that anything in the record table
before mdz added profiles would have "0" in the profile field.
The Default params would be used for any of these titles with
unspecified profile values. So, it wasn't hardcoded 480x480
but whatever is in Default.

> (2) actually
> setting the profile to anything at all (like 'High-Quality" doesn't
> actually make it work).

True. I recorded a High and Low at the same time and both
files were the size I'd expect for default.

> ... (4) given
> that I'm pressing the right buttons in (3), it just stores 'NULL' in the
> profile field.

WORKSFORME. I set the first four items on my set rankings page
to each of the profile names and it did store these strings in
the database:

mysql> select title,profile from record order by title limit 8;
+--------------------+--------------+
| title              | profile      |
+--------------------+--------------+
| 30 ESPN            | Default      |
| Baseball Tonight   | Live TV      |
| Beach Ambush       | High Quality |
| Big Brother 4      | Low Quality  |
| Destination Future | 2            |
| Dilbert            | 3            |
| Duckman            | 3            |
| Ebert & Roeper     | 0            |
+--------------------+--------------+
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

If I go on to "Destination Future" it will initially show "2"
as the profile name on the advanced options page.

If I go to the EPG and press R on a new title the profile
field will be 'NULL'. Perhaps the database default for this
column should be the string "Default". Next, if I go to the
advanced options page and set the profile the correct name
appears in the database.

> I will start looking at these issues, and try to get it working
> correctly.  Sorry, but I've never actually used these features, so I
> didn't test them when I did the profiole-group stuff.

I neglected to add titles to record and set other profiles
on my test system when I tried your patches. However, I do
know that changing the resolution for LiveTV did affect the
recording resolution for live TV with your profile1d.patch.

--  bjm