[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Sep 18 18:12:35 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> It just seems that channel changing slowed down quite a bit from these
> changes, is all.

Ya, it's tough because it needs about two seconds of data in
the pipeline to avoid stalling (ymmv). It's a combination of
the delay while waiting for the first frames to arrive, plus
a few pauses whenever new frames aren't ready, before it builds
a sufficient time gap. On the bright side, I can now compare
myth LiveTV with real PIP on my TV and see that myth is staying
close to realtime over long periods. It used to fall farther and
farther behind.

Anyway, now that the stuttering isn't a big problem I've trimmed
it to 4 frame intervals as a compromise. It may stutter a little
more in the beginning but it may start up little faster.

--  bjm