[mythtv] problems with 'xbox hardware' option in cvs

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 16 13:53:01 EDT 2003

So,

I finally had time to play around with the new 'this is xbox hardware' option
in the settings section, and it isn't playing nicely with GentooX.  I had
enabled it a while back, and noticed that, while it added a new option in
the settings menu', I couldn't actually select that option.  If I go to
the option and hit 'enter' it just doesn't do anything.

Then, my frontend on the xbox was randomly freezing.  It seemed to happen
not too long after I would start mythfrontend and would go to tv, watch
recordings.. and it would hang...  Then, I discovered that it didn't
have anything to do with watching recordings, it just happened after an
unspecified length of time.  Thought maybe it was the xbox setting (after
updating cvs a few times hoping it would fix it) and went to setup to
turn that off, and it locked before I could get there.  *mutter mutter*
so, I changed it directly from mysql.

Anyhoo...  I've tracked the bug down to 'blink'  I am guessing that
gentoox handles blink differently than Ed's.  When I kill mythfronted
remotely after it has locked up, blink seems to be running.

On gentoox blink asks for a 4 letter code for running, startup, shutdown
etc., and I get the feeling that mythfrontend is hanging while blink is
waiting for user input in the background.

So, that's the bug report, if you need more details, let me know.

--

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Email: kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu          3051 Beckman Institute