[mythtv] DVB Alpha-0.5

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Tue Sep 16 00:18:50 EDT 2003

Steele,

To me all you are saying at your posts has a lot of sense.
About diseqc and multiple satellites, note that we should also support
selecting the appropiate card according to the channel to be tuned.
About tuning DVB-s channels, yes, not as simple as just tuning, there is
thousands of channels and people might be interested on filtering them by
languages, packages, etc.
And yes, that's not a simple dev: Good luck and best wishes on this. We
can't say that we have a reasonable DVB-s support at this stage, so any step
ahead will be quite good.
Also, as Ed says, I don't see a collaborative way to do it unless the
developments get consolidated/tested.

Btw about xmltv, I have a preliminar version of the tv_grab_es_digital for
the new spanish platform Digital+. It has their channels (about 70 including
PPV) at Astra (19.2E) and Hispasat (30W). I haven't already uploaded at the
xmltv CVS since I still want to do some things with it, however, if someone
wants to give a try to it just let me know.

Ramon.