[mythtv] FileSystem to use for Myth (was Re:Channel change sp eed)

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Mon Sep 15 17:58:56 EDT 2003

I'd just like to point out that XFS on Linux 2.4 kernels is a slight hack,
or at least the last time I heard about it. XFS is really supposed to make
a good showing on the 2.6 kernels.

The 2.4 kernels are lacking a number of vfs layer features that would make
a XFS port complete. XFS is supposedly gonna be the cause of a massive
filesystem overhaul in 2.6 because of the requirements it has for proper
operation. So... just keep that in mind if you're running this on a 2.4
kernel :-)

Also, keep in mind that XFS was developed specifically because SGI needed
to be able to move around and handle large media files in it's rendering
farms. So it's been developed with this application in mind :-)

Btw, I'm going by word of mouth and not a whole lotta in depth research,
but I have some confidence in what I've said. Just don't hold me to it
if I'm wrong ;-)
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass