[mythtv] DVB Alpha-0.5

Mon Sep 15 11:58:42 EDT 2003

> It's really just a small update with the seektable stuff in:
> http://home.no/mythbox/dvb-alpha-0.5.tar.bz2
>
> Please let me know if this fixes the crashes on no-CAM cards.
>
> Combined all the diffs into dvb-alpha.diff and packaged the files relative to
>  mythtv top dir.

Feedback on this:

...V.cool!  It works much faster, seeking works, etc.

Wahay!  I think this is good enough to call a release!  I would be extremely happy to see this in CVS now. (The only thing "wrong" with the previous version IMHO was a segfault for non ci users)

(Slight warning, anyone who grabbed this before Sunday evening would have a slightly different version.  Kenneth tracked down the bit of code which was causing the segfault and this is now completely fixed - the patch has been re-uploaded with the same name)

The only warning I would add is that compiling without DVB is broken by this patch. At least part of the fix is to add a "USING DVB{ ... }" in libmyth.pro and I think it may need a few #DEFINES in tv_rec.cpp

Isaac if you were happy to add this to cvs then I am happy to work on making the compile run cleanly when not using DVB.  However, another possibility is just to include the DVB headers in the file and then it will build no matter what - any comments/reasons NOT to do this?  Seems like an easy fix to me?

Modifications to "setup" will follow...

Thanks for all your work Kenneth!

Ed W