[mythtv] Re:Could not find codec paramters problem with current CVS

Martin Smith martin at spamcop.net
Sun Sep 14 17:11:33 EDT 2003

> Seems to be on re-init'ing of libavcodec stuff. Always works the first time
> through (first live tv, first preview in watch recordings), then always dies
> the second time (back to live, or down arrow in previews). Only kills the
> frontend (backend goes along fine, you just can never watch anything other
> than whatever happens to be first).

I'm seeing this problem and it can take the backend down too. I was looking at
MythWeb's recorded programs screen while a recording was in progress. I got an
error message in the browser relating to that file and the backend exited.

2003-09-14 14:57:49 adding: diziet as a player 0
could not find codec parameters: /var/video/1004_20030914134500_20030914151000.nuv
[mythtv at diziet mythtv]$

I'm using a PVR 250 BTW, maybe that's a factor? There's comments in the
av_find_stream_info() code about "file formats without headers such as MPEG".

Martin