[mythtv] I modified mythweb to stream mp3's

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Fri Sep 12 11:31:12 EDT 2003

Bear with me because my knowledge of streaming is rather light too, but what
advantages does icecast/shoutcast have other direct streaming of the files
to players which can read over a network (xmms, etc.)?  Like the
andromeda.php script (see http://www.turnstyle.com/andromeda/home.asp,
there's a php version too), it just sends a playlist through your browser,
so your preferred player uses that standard playlist & streams the songs,
you can pause, go to next song, etc.  That seems better than a constant,
non-controlled stream.  Can the player control in myth support this?  Do
other devices (PDAs , etc.) only play icecast/shoutcast streams?

- Willy