[mythtv] I modified mythweb to stream mp3's

Lee Nash lee at compucrew.com
Thu Sep 11 19:41:46 EDT 2003

Quoting Jeffrey Brent McBeth <mcbeth at broggs.org>:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:12:15PM +0100, Bruno David Sim?es Rodrigues wrote:
> > A Qui, 2003-09-11 ?s 20:00, Lantiainen Pasi escreveu:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I modified  mythweb( version .11 ) so I can use my currect server setup
> > > stream my mp3 from my home server with mythweb. ( I'm using nullsoft's
> > > shoutcast as the streaming software)
> >
> > You might want to look at slimp3 streaming server ;)
> > www.slimdevices.org or apt-get install slimp3
>
> I've been lusting after one for a while, but personally, IceCast seems to be
> better supported.

I'm hoping that Mauritz (who has just started playing with mythtv and is the
original author of Globecom jukebox) will help create a mythmusic backend
server using icecast.  Having a continous stream of music from the server
would be very helpful.  This would allow other myth plugins to use it
(mythgallery for instance) and allow remote devices(IA, pda or PC) to play
the stream.

-lee