[mythtv] If you use the transcoder please read

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 11 17:15:02 EDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:14:13 -0700, "Steele Price steele-at-xtcp.net
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <hx5ihjws7k0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> While your at it... could you please tie in files in the video list to be
> available for transcoding as well?
Umm..no :)
I really like to work on one thing at a time, and this is completely
unrelated to the profile changes I'm currently doing.

> I have a bunch of files in there that I
> would like to archive, but I am having to do it all pretty much manually.
> It would be nice to be able to batch these up for transcoding from a menu
> (like a whole season of a tv series) then trancode them off to some
> archive
> format that is smaller than mpeg2.
I 'm not sure I really understand what you want.  If you just want to be
able to hit a key (say 'X') from the PreviouslyRecorded menu to start a
transcode of a given show, that is trivial, and I'll be happy to do it
when I'm done with this stuff.  If you want to be able to just select all
of your Punky Brewster recordings and transcode them all at once, I don't
have a handle on how to implement that, and it doesn't actually interest
me much, as I'd do it through a batch script anyway.

.Geoff