[mythtv] mythbackend/lame crashing

swan-1 at ziplip.com swan-1 at ziplip.com
Thu Sep 11 11:09:29 EDT 2003

>On Thursday 11 September 2003 03:38 am, swan-1 at ziplip.com wrote:
>>Thanks for the input, switching to uncompressed stops mythfrontend
>>from crashing.
>
>Exiting with an error message is not the same thing as crashing.  I'd fix
>this, except I've never been able to reproduce the error on any of the
>machines I have access to, and no one that _does_ get the error has been able
>to look into it at all.
>
>Isaac

Guess I'd call it a gracefull crash.  Maybe that's the difference
between apps programming and embedded.  There's little difference
if your pacemaker stops working due to an ungracefull crash or
a handled error that exists the program.

Anyway, I guess since this is something that only happens in
a few setups (and mine is one) and I've got the skills to help
track it down, so I should.  I'll put it on the list of things to
do.

Greg