[mythtv] [Preliminary patch[ Add profile groups

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 11 12:32:05 EDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:48:34 -0400, "Isaac Richards ijr-at-po.cwru.edu
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <e6kbhbk35r0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> On Thursday 11 September 2003 11:33 am, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> > In case anyone was wondering, here are the results of my efforts at
> > building profile groups.  This patch is not quite ready yet, but I
> > thought I'd get it out there, and see if anyone has any suggestions.
>
> I really think it'd be easier to just have it pick the appropriate group
> going
> by the capture card type automatically (with the ability to override that
> on
> a per-host basis), instead of having to manually set up a group for each
> capture card.
Umm, are you saying you'd like the interface to change from what I've
got, or that you'd like to hardcade the first three profiles, and
automatically add each card to the correct default group?
I was already planning on doing that by (a) making the  sql update smart
enough to map all current cards to one of the 3 default groups, and (b)
doing the same from the setup menu whenver a new card is created (or a
card is modified)

If you prefer a different interface to what I've got, I'd need a
description, as I can't think of another way to make it work...at least
not at my GUI skill level :)

(For anyone who's not psychic, the interface works as follows):
>From mythfrontend, select, Setup -> TV Settings ->Recording
You get a list view (just like today) but it has profile groups:
(Create new Profile Group)
Software-Encdoers
Hardware MPEG2 Encoders
Hardware MJPEG Encoders

If you choose, 'Create new Profile Group', it does just that, and brings
you back to the list-screen.  If you choose one of the defined groups,
you get another list-view that looks like:
(Modify Profile)
*host1->/dev/video0
host1->/dev/video1
host2->/dev/video0

Selecting 'Modify Profile' brings you to the profile list-view, but with
only 4 options:
Live TV
Low Quality
High Quality

which you can edit as you do today.

selecting one of the hosts will toggle an '*' thus showing which cards
are part of the current group.

> I don't have a problem dropping all the current profiles, either.
This was actually bothering me.  It really seeemd like there should be a
way to update them through some SQL commands, but I just can't seem to
get it to work (well I can do it with MySQL 4.1, but I don't think we
want to depend on that).  So unless anyone can come up with some cool
queries, I guess everyone'll need to reinit their profiles once this
stuff is all done...

.Geoff