[mythtv] Channel change speed

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Sep 11 12:01:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday 11 September 2003 09:00 am, Michael Foley wrote:
> Thanks Willy, my main purpose of this post was to
> start an open dialog on the subject.  I've searched
> the posts and have seen complaints on the subject, but
> I haven't seen any real substance as to the reason for
> the problem or anyone spending time on resolving the
> issue.  Without a good user experience when using
> MythTV as a TV PVR, Myth will not make it to the
> Living Room whether someone develops the
> MythEtch-A-Sketch module or ports it to a Atari 2600
> or not.

I always find these sort of pronouncements hilarious.  I don't _care_ if you
use mythtv, or if you consider that it "makes it", or anything like that.

There is no 'open dialog' on this subject, unless you can provide me with code
that addresses what you perceive is a problem.  Then, the entirety of the
dialog will be 'Hey, thanks, committed to CVS' and maybe a mention in the
changelog on the website when the next release gets announced.

Isaac