[mythtv] Another Feature Possibility

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Sep 10 15:08:49 EDT 2003

> Perhaps this, too, has already been discussed:
>
> What about some channels being tagged "commercial-free," so that myth won't
> try to tag or mis-tag commercials in recordings from those channels?
>
> DAM

This is already on my long-term TODO list for commercial detection.
I was thinking of 3 levels of settings of which only the first currently
exists to toggle auto-flagging on/off:

	1) global (already exists as the "auto-flagging" setting)
	2) per-channel (ie, movie channels w/o commercials)
	3) per-show

per-channel is probably more important than per-show so it would come first.

As always, patches welcome.... :)

--

Chris