[mythtv] Re:DVB alpha-0.4

Mike Wilcox mike at trouble.org.uk
Tue Sep 9 20:01:12 EDT 2003

Kenneth Aafloy wrote:

>>>No, was temporary broken in CVS.
>>>

>>Durr..  OK, will update!
>>

>Sorry, this was a wrong assumption on my hand.
>
>Anyways, I've fixed this now, and it will go out with the next release.

With the changes made to remove CAM and Sections code, I can confirm
much better recording behaviour - can make multiple recordings, and no
segv's from the backend. Much better behaviour in switching channels in
live TV too.

I do still have a lot of seek/frame problems, so I'm wondering what the
scope of your changes is, and which of my problems I should investigate
further. What I have noticed is...

- When viewing a recording: Frequent lockups when using the arrow keys
to FF/RW over 15 secs, 60 secs, 10 mins etc.

- When viewing a recording: Incorrect "elapsed time" when hitting the
'i' key, or when pausing. For example, a 4 minute recording shows a
duration of "2:09". I then get strange behaviour related to this
duration when using FF, REW or Pause.

- When editting a recording: I frequently get inconsistent behaviour
when attempting to skip across frames. It often refuses to go backwards,
or continues to go forwards while hitting the backwards key. The
frontend also locks up.

- When editting a recording: When a recording has been made with some
guard time at either end of the schedule, then editting some cutlist
that appear after the scheduled duration goes wacky.

Could any of these be affected by your changes? If not, I guess I have
some investigating to do...

Cheers,

   Mike