[mythtv] DVB alpha-0.4

Steele Price steele at xtcp.net
Sun Sep 7 13:48:10 EDT 2003

Kenneth:

I am trying to make sense of tune.c
#ifdef NEWSTRUCT
#warning DISEQC is unimplemented for NEWSTRUCT

does that mean I need to use OLDSTRUCT?  I am pretty confused so far, but
getting there.

Our tuning is alot different that EU, we need support for Circular as well
as Universal lnbs.  Circular specs are LOF: 11250 and still not sure about
switch frequencies of the diseqc when used on circular stuff, some people
use 12350 others use 0, in vdr, it's mind boggling that anyone has made any
of this work with the total lack of reliable NA specs.

I am willing to do just about anything necessary to make this all work, so
lets get crackin... :-)

So what is the difference in OLD and NEWSTRUCT, I don't want to go make a
bunch of parameters for OLDSTRUCT then have to convert them all when you get
the diseqc stuff in NEWSTRUCT.

Do you have any docs on any of this dvb code?  Even preliminaries so I can
follow where you are going with it and we can get on the same page would
help.

Thanks
Steele Price
CTO