[mythtv] List of all modules that exist and are being created?

Kevin Elliott kevin at phunc.com
Sat Sep 6 19:11:33 EDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 01:29:11PM -0500, Pete Mistich wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	new here but have a pretty good bit of time on my hands so I need a
> 	new project to work on so I choose mythtv.
>
> 	anyway I want to get started writing a module but I don't want to
> duplicate someone else work. So What kind of module's are people working
> on? and can we put that on the web site somewhere?
>
> 	also, Is there a list of all the existing module's I found mythnews
> 	by accident that why I'm asking!
>
> Pete

Pete, welcome to the world of MythTV. Isaac and the many other contributors
have done a fine job wouldn't you say?

I've seen no comprehensive list of all the modules under development. Although,
the ones listed for release (and in cvs) are the "officially supported"
modules.

There has been lots of talk about a security module (security cameras, x10
home automation (lamps, cameras, sensors, etc)), mythnews, some sort of
alert module (for caller id on screen, email alerts, etc). As far as I know,
other than on the irc channel, I haven't seen much chatter about the specifics
of those. I'm very interested in participating in the development of those.

Perhaps Isaac would be willing to put up a user contributable section on
mythtv.org to list third-party in-development modules (showing contact
info perhaps). If not, myself or others are willing to put one up

IMHO, start getting familiar with the existing codebase in the meantime.

Kevin
http://www.kevinelliott.net/