[mythtv] Numbers in MythLineEdit (via the remote) ?

Gregory McLean gregm at gxsnmp.org
Sat Sep 6 15:43:54 EDT 2003

Hey,

   Before I pull more hair out trying to figure this out I want to see
if anyone else is having this problem.

I Have the latest CVS of myth installed (as of 9:30 am EST  9/6/2003).
I've got  native  lirc support  enabled.

Have the following in  ~/.mythtv/lircrc
 begin
   prog = mythtv
   button = 0
   config = 0
end
(etc for the numbers 0-9)

I can navigate, select things and so on so its apparently working.
However. I just noticed something with the latest changes to mythvideo
which activates the Parental Pin entry stuff so I set one to test it
out. Well.. its a numeric pin (1234)  however when I press those keys on
the remote I see the cursor blink in the dialog like it saw the event
but nothing gets added.

Tossed a few debug lines in the mythlineedit keypress handler and in the
lirc code. This is what they state is going on:
Lirc -- Sending code 1 to active window
LineEdit -- Sending keypress event 49 to parent.

Result: Nothing in the entry.

Now I wander over to the mythbox and press the #1 on the keyboard:
LineEdit -- Sending keypress event 49 to parent.
PasswordDialog -- Password text changed? (1)

Result: 1 * in the entry.

Is anyone able to enter numbers via the remote into the entry areas?
(Tested also with the halt command entry in the general settings same issue)

Is there something I'm missing and qt is thinking e->key() 49 from the
keyboard and e->key() 49 from the remote are in some twisted way different?

So... I did this little debuging thing:
    case Key_1:
        cerr << " #1 " << endl;

And yes indeed, a #1 is emitted when either the 1 on the remote is
pressed or the 1 on the keyboard is pressed, yet the event generated by
the remote doesn't make it into the entry.  (If you notice the
CheckPassword method never gets called. Which would indicate that the
event was added to the entry.)

I'd like to fix this but frankly I'm stumped.
  Thanks
      Greg