[mythtv] future modules?

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Sep 6 12:02:56 EDT 2003

Kevin,

This is something I was hoping to achieve too. Would be great to have
the callerid pop up onto the tv screen when there is a call, and to have
access to voice mail from the tv.
I am thinking of something like using an ipaq as a remote for myth, and
when a call comes in, the callerid is displayed on the tv. You can then
use a sip client on the ipaq to answer the call (connected via wlan)...
Also, it would be good to see a nice template for the web based voice
mail (provided by asterisk) so that it matches the look of mythweb...

Another module that I was looking at integrating into Myth is Gallery
(http://gallery.menalto.com). I know that there already is MythGallery,
but afaik there is currently no web interface for it. I'm sure that with
a bit of hacking of the current MythGallery and Gallery, something quite
nice could be achieved. It would be very cool to be able to order prints
of your photos from the TV :)

Anyways, right now I'm a bit stuck for time and have very little c++
programming experience (done some C, asp, asm though), but if you're
interested in working on any of the above projects count me in :)

Cheers,
Kent