[mythtv] ivtv settings patch

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Sep 5 09:16:19 EDT 2003

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:04:18 -0400, "Isaac Richards ijr-at-po.cwru.edu
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <e6kbhbk35r0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> On Saturday 30 August 2003 06:22 am, Chris B wrote:
> > Ok. Do you have something in mind regarding how the profile system
> > should become?
>
> Yeah.
>
> Say, 3 or 4 quality levels, arranged in groups (per-capture card type,
> per-host, etc), so that you can tell it to record something at high
> quality,
> and it'll select the appropriate 'high quality' recording profile
> depending
> on what tuner card it gets scheduled for.

Is anyone actively working on this?  I finally got my pvr250 working, but
to use it sanely in the same box as the bttv card, I need to be able to
select different profiles for each card.  I dunno that I'm keen on adding
multiple 'quality' profiles for each card (I see the benefit, but that
implies being able to choose which profile to use when selecting a
program to record, and seems like a lot of work).  If I create a patch
that associates the current profiles with a given card, would this be
accepted as a first step to your greater goal?

It would simply mean that the profile menu would look something like:
Default (card1)
LiveTV (card1)
Transcode (card1)
Default(card2)
LiveTV (card2)
Transcode (Card2)

This would also let me associate a profile with auto-transcoding, rather
than having it always on/off (which is what Ineed, since there is no
reason to transcode my MPEG2 streams)

.Geoff