[mythtv] MythNews 0.1

Mikael Magnusson mikaelmagnusson at tjohoo.se
Fri Sep 5 13:22:20 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 10:43:26PM -0500, m0j0.j0j0 wrote:
> > Was it intended that no configure script or Makefile is present?
> > What are your installation directions?
>
> I got it to build using a hacked mythgallery Makefile. I copied the
> files over manually and created the database table by hand. It loads
> fine, but there's nothing there to look at. I think I'm going to have to
> wait for some directions...
>
> Joe

MythNews is working for me. I built it with:
qmake;make qmake_all;make;make INSTALL_ROOT=/usr/local install

Then I added the following to ~/.mythtv/mainmenu.xml,
  <button>
     <type>NEWS</type>
     <text>NEWS</text>
     <action>PLUGIN mythnews</action>
     <depends>mythnews</depends>
   </button>

and the following to ~/.mythtv/main_settings.xml
   <button>
     <type>NEWS</type>
     <text>NEWS Settings</text>
     <action>CONFIGPLUGIN mythnews</action>