[mythtv] Not every file is installed

Andy Preston andy at prestonmedina.com
Thu Sep 4 21:47:44 EDT 2003

I'm currently setting up a box for mythtv using packages that I'm
building on another box. I'm using checkinstall and both machines are
running Slackware-Current. I've found that not every needed file is
installed as part of "make install". Is this deliberate or
unintentional? So far I've found that none of the .sql files are
installed, nor is the setup program installed. The only copies are in
the appropriate source directories so that they don't get included in my
packages.

Would it be appropriate that the .sql files get copied to
/usr/local/share/mythtv/database, and then a subdirectory for each
project underthis ?

e.g.
/usr/local/share/mythtv/database/mythdvd-0.11

Should I bother to start this, is it already fixed already ?

Should diffs go against CVS or last released versions ?

thanks,

Andy